Anthony Botts

The City of Shelby sincerely appreciates those pet owners who control and take good care of their pets.

The dog license period for the City of Shelby runs on the calendar year (January to December).

If you have more than two dogs, you must “apply” for a kennel license. This kennel license is provided at no charge and you should contact the Animal Control Officer for this kennel license.

You may contact the Animal Control Officer by calling City Hall (434-5222) between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Animal Control Officer will then return your call when he comes on shift. The Animal Control Officer works a variable shift to insure that pets are controlled all hours of the day.

During times that the City Hall is closed, animal complaints or lost animal reports may be given to the Toole County Office of Public Safety at 434-5585 or They will forward these requests to the Animal Control Officer.